Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic on South African dinner tables – a dish one seldom gets bored with. Top with finely grated Parmesan cheese or Cheddar cheese. No side dishes needed with this super popular dish!
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 litres boiling water
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp fresh garlic crushed
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 5 tomatoes chopped
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Robertson's Spice for Mince
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 100 grams cheddar cheese grated
- Add 500g spaghetti to 2 litres of boiling water.
- Add 1 tsp salt.
- Boil fast for 10 - 12 minutes until al dente or softer if desired.
- Drain through a strainer.
- Use oil to fry onions until brown.
- Add mince and fry a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garlic and Spice for Mince.
- Add tomatoes and carrot.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 12 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Turn up the heat to reduce somewhat. Some fluid will remain.
- Mix through drained spaghetti or dish up bolognese on top of spaghetti.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese before serving warm.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Be sure to explore the rest of our recipes.
For international recipes, check out RecipesAllDay.com.