This recipe for banana bread has a few ingredients that are different from most recipes and the bread has a slightly coarser texture.
The Best Banana Bread (piesangbrood)
- 180 grams flour
- 80 grams oats
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 3-4 bananas over ripe
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Squash the bananas in a small bowl and mix with lemon juice.
- Mix sugar and eggs together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add oil and milk, then egg mix. Mix well.
- Add the bananas to the mixture.
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes at 180°C.
- Allow cooling down.
- Slice and serve with real butter.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Be sure to explore the rest of our recipes.
For international recipes, check out RecipesAllDay.com.